1. Demand driven Short Term Training Courses based on Modular Employable Skills (MES) decided in consultation with Industry. MES is the ‘Minimum Skills Set’ which ins sufficient for gainful employment.
2. Central Government will facilitate and promote training while industry, private sector and state government will train the persons.
3. Optimum utilization of existing infrastructure to make training cost effective.
4. Flexible Delivery Mechanism (part time, weekends, full time, onsite/offsite) to suit needs of various target groups.
5. Different levels of programmes (Foundation level as well as skill upgradation) to meet demands of various target groups.
6. The services of existing or retired faculty or guest faculty to be utilized.
7. Courses would also be available for persons having completed 5th standard.
8. Testing & Certification of skills acquired informally.
9. Testing of skills of trainees by independent assessing bodies, which would not be involved in training delivery, to ensure that it is done impartially.
10.The essence of the scheme is in the certification that will be nationally and internationally recognized.