- To ensure a steady flow of skilled workers in different trades for the industry.
- To raise the quality & quantity of industrial production by systematic training of workers.
- To reduce unemployment among the educated youth by equipping them for suitable industrial employment.
- Skill development is key to promote employability & economic growth.
- Only 13% of all university graduates are employable.
- Only 5% of the youth are vocationally trained.
- There is a need to build global skill workforce, as India is the youngest country with almost 54% population below 30 years.
- The demographic surplus of India will be 47 million by year 2020.
- Educated without professional skill constitutes 69% of the total unemployed.
Challenges Before Maharashtra State
|1||Population||Approx 10 crores|
|2||Population of 11 to 20 year Age||2 Cr.|
|3||Population of 21-35 year Age||2.5 Cr.|
|4||Child labour||7, 64, 075|
|6||4th pass labour||22.60|
|8||Youth registered with employment exchange||34, 81, 367|
Creation Of New Training Facilities / Utilizing Existing Infrastructure
- Involving various industries in the state which are under Apprenticeship act & utilizing their infrastructure facilities.
- Involvement of industries association like Manufacturing Association, Builder Association, Retail Association, Automobile Association, etc. for group training.
- Involving specialized sector like Hospitals/ Hotels/ Retails/ Gems & Jwellery/ Apparel/ Travel & Tourism / Food Processing etc.
- Involvement of Corporate sector.
- Involvement of Secondary School/ Ashram Shala/ NGOs / Master Craftsman.
Involvement of Recognized Educational Institutes like
- Arts, Science, Commerce Colleges
- Engineering & Polytechnic Colleges
- Agriculture colleges
- Medical colleges
- HMCT Colleges
Strategy For Implementation
Role of State Government
- Implementation of programme in mission mode.
- Bringing all training schemes of all departments under one Umbrella.
- Field study for manpower mapping in all districts.
- Designing Competency base curriculum.
- Preparing Training material.
- Facility for Training of trainers.
- Additional infrastructure for training.
- Mechanism for Quality audits to monitor training quality.
- Examination & Certification of trainees; Separate assessing body for each District.
- Mechanism for Follow up of employment.
- Linkages with various Govt./ Non Govt. Dept. for Self Employment.
- Popularization & publicity of the scheme.