Mission , Vision & Core Values
- Directorate Of Vocational Education & Training, Mumbai is committed to provide quality administration and vocational education and training services to educational institutes, Industrial Training Institutes and NGOs in Maharashtra State to meet the needs of industry , business to service sector and society at large.
- Encouraging institutes for developing human resources to reduce the mismatch between demand and supply of manpower in various sectors like Engineering, Information Technology, Agriculture, Paramedical, Home Science, Trade & Commerce.
- To reduce unemployment among youth by equipping them for suitable industrial, self & wage employment through well designed formal & non formal Vocational Education & Training programmes at Various institutes.
- Establishing linkages with industry / Institutes / R & D organizations Pass out students / Apprentices for mutual benefits.
- Arranging quality development programmes for Principals, Teachers, Instructors, Staff & Students thereby creating a dynamic learning environment.
- Establishing Centres of Execellence at various key institutes in emerging areas like Automobile, Production & Manufacturing, Non-conventional energy sources, CNC/CAD/CAM & Information Techonology.
- Establishing seperate website for the office & to link all institutes & controlling offices through Internet to use web conferencing media for meetings of District officers & Principals thereby increasing speed, accuracy & economy in flow of information.
- Facilitating the alround development of students by conducting various activities like Quiz, Entrepreneurship programmes, Sports & different competitions.
- Developing various computer softwares for the standardization of procedures of stores, admissions, examinations, administration & Apprecnticeship scheme.
- Quality & Excellence